Once Inc. (ONCE®) is a global leader and innovative developer of agricultural-specific animal-centric lighting systems and bio-security products. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, the fast-paced company is seeking a Bilingual Sales and Marketing Office Assistant to support the growing team. The person in this role should have strong verbal communication skills in both the Spanish and English languages, be independently motivated and work well individually and on a team.
The Sales and Marketing Office Assistant will have split responsibilities between the sales and customer service team and marketing department. For the sales team, they will act as a receptionist and be the first point of contact for all new and existing customer, vendor and employee inquiries. They will be expected to follow-up on lead opportunities, fulfill orders and process customer returns when the inside sales team is unavailable or traveling. For the marketing department, Sales and Marketing Office Assistant will help with various efforts, including but not limited to: small and large trade show booth planning and organization, social media management, print collateral database management and creation, website updates, campaign ideation, customer relationship management (CRM) maintenance and sales lead collection efforts.
This full-time bi-lingual (Spanish and English) position requires an individual who is able to work on-site, Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm. The person in this role will likely have the opportunity to transition into a FT inside sales position or marketing assistant, depending on skillset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Support and Office Specialist (50%)
- Develop efficient and repeatable processes which allow you to accurately and efficiently track and record all customer-facing communications
- Act as the primary contact for all Latin American customers, vendors and sales efforts
- Assist with company growth by setting up and maintaining new and existing customer accounts
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills by responding promptly and professionally to resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Generate pricing quotes and communicate delivery information
- Recommend resolutions or direction for unresolved discrepancies, requests or issues
- Process orders and quote requests, when inside sales team is unavailable
- Maintain and assist with various office administrative tasks when needed, such as filing, data entry, product assembly and work in the warehouse
Marketing Assistant (50%)
- Grow, manage, post and monitor social media channels
- Assist with trade show planning efforts: building, pre-and-post show marketing, booth assembly, packing, shipping, sales training, etc.
- Work with engineering and R&D teams to manage both product and scientific marketing collateral databases, ensuring all languages and documents are accurate, updated across all platforms and distributed where needed
- Collaborate with engineering to develop new print and digital product data sheets, instruction manuals and product labels, when needed
- Create and update website with new content and images, managing accuracy on individual pages
- Utilize strong writing skills to create and grow company content efforts (i.e. blog and new product/news)
- Transform technical content into marketing and sales friendly documents (i.e. research results, case studies, the science behind the technology, etc.)
- Monitor company brand on all marketing channels, ensuring guidelines are met by distributors and international business entities
- Provide recommendations to better streamline marketing efforts when needed
- Deliver insights and information on marketing opportunities when requested
- Assist with the ideation of promotional marketing campaigns
- Apply excellent written communication skills to proof marketing material, ensuring accurate grammar, trademarks use, document branding
- Act as main point of contact when Marketing Director is out of the office
- Assist Marketing Director with any additional marketing efforts when needed. Examples include: video marketing, website analytics, graphic design, organizing trade show supplies in the warehouse and more.
The successful candidate will
- Be meticulous and extremely diligent when it comes to the work they produce
- Be fluent in both English and Spanish, professionally interacting with customer, vendors and all departments of the organization
- Be dependable and organized
- Have basic mathematical skills
- Be independently motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Adapt well to change
- Be willing and able to perform reasonable duties outside of listed tasks
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s preferred
- Strong computer skills with the ability and desire to learn new software programs and applications when needed required
- Epicor or Salesforce experience desired
- Agricultural background desired
- Experience posting to social media sites on behalf of a business desired
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Adobe Creative Suite/Graphic design skills desired
- Experience updating websites (WordPress)
- International marketing knowledge desired
Physical Job Requirements
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing/sitting 8+ hours per day
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently job mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Interested applicants who fit the job criteria should submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary / Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation program; which includes a benefit package including medical, vacation and sick leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ONCE® relies on dedicated teams of professionals who develop and maintain our global business operations, helping us identify trends and plan for the future. ONCE® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.