Once Inc. (ONCE®), a subsidiary of Signify N.V. (formerly Phillips Lighting), is an innovative leader and scientifically-driven developer of specialized lighting systems for agricultural applications. We are seeking applicants for an Research Farm Intern based at our Albany, MN field research site.
At ONCE®, we understand how a lighting program can be a useful tool to direct desirable physiological and biological responses in all animals. That is why we make it our mission to advance animal health through applied photo-biology and optogenics.
The Research Farm Intern will work under the direction of the Director of Biological Research and Development and will play a key role in developing research efforts to advance technologies and grow scientific resources. The ideal candidate will utilize their strong work ethic and knowledge in the animal sciences to assist in on-farm research trials for poultry, swine, aquaculture and other livestock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General animal husbandry including feeding and weighing animal subjects
- Cleaning and sanitizing experimental rooms
- Conducting behavioral assays to assess stress and welfare under the supervision of a lead scientist
- Maintain an electronic notebook record of experimental methods and results
- Monitor, record, and maintain environmental variables during long-term rearing trials
- Research site maintenance including stocking supplies and maintaining clean working environment
- Euthanasia, dissection, and histological analyses
- Data collection and data analysis
Enrollment in a 4-year program in Biological Sciences, Animal Sciences, or similar.
Strong attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ONCE® relies on dedicated teams of professionals who develop and maintain our global business operations, helping us identify trends and plan for the future. ONCE® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.