It is important to regularly verify the UV-C dose output of the BioShift unit to ensure proper disinfection. Every 50 cycles or once per month, whichever comes first, the operator shall verify that the UV-C dose exceeds a minimum of 100 mJ/cm2 in a short programmed test cycle.
Instructions for use:
- Record the information in the blanks on the card or as otherwise directed by site requirements.
- Place the cards in the desired location and record the information in the blanks on the card, or as otherwise directed by site requirements. Always make sure the color-changing areas faces toward the UV-C device.
- Run the disinfection cycle.
- Verify exposure of the card and make any additional notations as needed. Always make exposure reading as soon as possible after the disinfection cycle and at the latest within 24 hours after the disinfection cycle to get the most accurate result.
- Retain or discard the card in accordance with site requirements. The UV-C dosimeter cards are one-time use only and should not be used for several disinfection cycles.
Note: Pre-exposure of the card to light may affect the accuracy of the test results. If a card has been pre-exposed to light before use, discard the card and do not use it. Store unused cards in the folder provided.