The BioShift® chamber uses ultraviolet C (UV-C) germicidal radiation, which provides an effective and immediate way of deactivating the DNA in bacteria and viruses by destroying their ability to multiply and cause disease.
There are two factors that directly influence the effectiveness of UV-C disinfection: time of exposure and UV-C radiance (intensity). Testing by a nationally recognized laboratory specializing in antimicrobial, biocidal and viricidal effectiveness showed that five minutes of exposure to UV-C radiation in the BioShift® chamber resulted in the elimination of >99.99% of common viruses and bacteria.
The table below shows the effectiveness of a typical five-minute exposure in the BioShift® chambers and the minimum dose (mJ/cm2) to kill 99.99% of a selected group of bacterias and viruses.*
Typical five-minute exposure in the BioShift® UV-C chamber
|Pathogen||Classification||Critical dose at 4-log disinfection (mJ/cm2)||Chamber effectiveness in 5-min|
|Adenovirus type 15||Virus||165||x|
|Bacillus anthracis spores – Anthrax spores||Bacteria||93||x|
|Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea||Virus||25||x|
|Porcine Respiratory and Reproductive Syndrome||Virus||23||x|
|Escherichia coli – O157:H7||Bacteria||7||x|
|Bovine Coronavirus (BCV)||Virus||3||x|
* For more critical dose data, please contact our technical support at email@example.com.
Simplicity at its finest
It’s one-button operation and various safety and security features, including magnetic door latches and emergency stop buttons, makes the BioShift® chamber an easy and safe to use tool for optimal biosecurity efforts.
Watch how easy the BioShift® is to use:
Built for toughness
The heavy-duty UV chamber is made with a stainless-steel build, UVC germicidal lamps and an, easy-to-use, magnetic door, which latch securely while allowing for easy opening. The small chamber measures 23 1/2” long x 29 3/4” wide x 24” high. With a Built For Your Barn® design, the BioShift® chamber works similar to a UV sterilization cabinet and uses techniques and materials that withstand harsh environments for years to come.
The BioShift® UV-C Chamber for Egg Sanitation allows for easy loading/unloading of eggs from either side of the machine and can be utilized as a pass-through window if desired. Additional BioShift® Chambers offer one-door, various sizes and more! Learn more about additional products below.
|Input Voltage||110-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Power / Current||72W / 600 mA|
|Standby Power / Current||5W / 40 mA|
|Power Connection||Connect to branch circuit rated 20A max|
|Fuse Protection||10A at 250V|
|Timer Setting||5:00 minutes|
|Output||254 nm UV-C light|
|Initial minimum irradiance||250 mJ/cm2 (300 seconds, cold start)|
|Operating||65°F (18°C) to 105°F (40.5°C) temperature, 10–95% humidity|
|Storage||-20°F (-28°C) to 140°F (60°C) temperature, 10–95% humidity|
|Ratings||IP Rating 50 equivalent|
Outside chamber dimensions:
25.8” wide x 30.7” deep x 19.7” high
(655 x 780 x 500 mm)
- One-button “Start”
- Two-Emergency “Stop” buttons, located on both sides of the chamber
- Magnetic doors ensure chamber is securely latched, while allowing for easy opening at the beginning and end of every cycle
- When the door is open, the BioShift® will not operate
- Once sterilization in complete, the clean side door can be opened once
- The sealed chamber protects users from UV radiation
- Users are protected by a window using glass that is not transparent to UVC radiation
- The easy-to-use touch screen controller has a countdown timer
- The touch screen controller allows you to check lamp life, log maintenance reports and more
- The Science of Ultraviolet Lighting
- One minute, three minutes, or ten minutes – Oh my, it’s actually five minutes
- UV Germicidal Chambers – Best Practices from the University of Minnesota – April 2019
- Watch how easy the BioShift Pass-Through UV-C Chamber is to use on YouTube.
- PRESS RELEASE: ONCE BioShift Chamber Stands up to Real-World Biosecurity Challenges
- International Egg Commission (IEC) Practical Biosecurity Checklist (PDF) – November 2017