5 Minutes Fast
Testing by a nationally-recognized laboratory specializing in antimicrobial, biocidal and virocidal effectiveness showed that exposure of UV-C radiation in the BioShift® chamber for five minutes resulted in elimination of >99.999% of common agricultural viruses.
The BioShift® chamber uses ultraviolet C (UV-C) germicidal radiation, which provides an effective and immediate way of deactivating the DNA in bacteria and viruses by destroying their ability to multiply and cause disease. There are two factors that directly influence the effectiveness of UV-C disinfection: time of exposure and light intensity. The amount of time UV-C is exposed to any given pathogen is proportional to the amount of killing it does.
Simplicity at its finest
It’s one-button operation and various safety and security features, including magnetic door latches and emergency stop buttons, makes the BioShift® chamber an easy and safe to use tool for optimal biosecurity efforts.
Watch how easy the is BioShift® is to use and understand why its an essential tool for every biosecure facility:
Watch how easy the BioShift chamber is to use:
Built for toughness
The heavy-duty UV chamber is made with a stainless-steel build, UVC germicidal lamps and two, easy-to-use, magnetic doors, which latch securely while allowing for easy opening. The small chamber measures 23 1/2” long x 29 3/4” wide x 24” high. With a Built For Your Barn® design, the BioShift® chamber works similar to a UV sterilization cabinet and uses techniques and materials that withstand harsh environments for years to come.
The BioShift® Pass-Through UV-C Chamber is available in a small and large size, while additional BioShift® Chambers offer single-doors, sizing for standard egg trays and more! Learn more about additional products below.
The small chamber is perfect for individual use and limiting the import of pathogens through everyday items like cell phones, food, eyeglasses and tools, while the large chamber is great for facilities or entrances with a higher volume of people coming and going every single day.
Small BioShift® chamber:
- single sanitation tray
- perfect for individual use or lower-volume facilities
- measures 23 1/2” long x 29 3/4” wide x 24” high
Large BioShift® chamber:
- four sanitation trays
- great for facilities/entrances with a higher volume of people
- measures 30” long x 46.3” wide x 72” high
- The Science of Ultraviolet Lighting
- One minute, three minutes, or ten minutes – Oh my, it’s actually five minutes
- UV Germicidal Chambers – Best Practices from the University of Minnesota – April 2019
- Watch how easy the BioShift Pass-Through UV-C Chamber is to use on YouTube.
- PRESS RELEASE: ONCE BioShift Chamber Stands up to Real-World Biosecurity Challenges
- International Egg Commission (IEC) Practical Biosecurity Checklist (PDF) – November 2017
|Input Voltage||110-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Power / Current||80W / 667 mA|
|Standby Power / Current||7W / 100 mA|
|Output||254 nm UV-C light|
23 1/2 inches long x 29 3/4 inches wide x 24 inches high
|Recommended Lamp Life||500 Hours|
|Time Setting||59 minutes, 59 second|
|Germicidal Bulbs / Lamps||15W (4 UV-C lamps), 18″|
|Environmental Ratings||IP Rating 50 equivalent|
- One-button “Start”
- Two-Emergency “Stop” buttons, located on both sides of the chamber
- Magnetic doors ensure chamber is securely latched, while allowing for easy opening at the beginning and end of every cycle
- When the door is open, the BioShift® will not operate
- Once sterilization in complete, the clean side door can be opened once
- The sealed chamber protects users from UV radiation
- Users are protected by a window using glass that is not transparent to UVC radiation
- The easy-to-use touch screen controller has a countdown timer
- The touch screen controller allows you to check lamp life, log maintenance reports and more
Typical five-minute exposure in the BioShift® UV-C chamber
|Pathogen||Classification||Critical dose at 4-log disinfection (mJ/cm2)||Chamber effectiveness in 5-min|
|Adenovirus type 15||Virus||165||x|
|Bacillus anthracis spores – Anthrax spores||Bacteria||93||x|
|Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea||Virus||25||x|
|Porcine Respiratory and Reproductive Syndrome||Virus||23||x|
|Escherichia coli – O157:H7||Bacteria||7||x|
|Bovine Coronavirus (BCV)||Virus||3||x|